GETTING STARTED WITH AZURE
This 1-day workshop focuses on the essential Azure services that any developer should know.
You'll learn App Service and other Azure services making sense for Web developers, giving you a strong and concrete foundation that you can build on top of. It's basically day 1 of our 2-day Learn Azure workshop compressed a little bit to include the SQL Database content.
If you're planning to attend the Modernization workshop and have no previous experience with Azure, this is the perfect way to get you up to speed quickly.
This technical workshop covers the core Azure App Service concepts and guides you to build, deploy and monitor Web applications. Azure Academy is the ideal starting point to understand and use Azure effectively. You’ll experience several demos and "code along" activities and be provided with the code throughout the workshop, as you learn how to build, deploy and monitor Web apps on Azure.
denotes a topic with hands-on "code along" activity
- Azure overview & Cloud use cases
- Making sense of pricing
- Using Azure
- Using the Azure Portal
- Using the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Using the CLI from VS Code
- Using the Azure PowerShell module
- App Service creation, understanding resource groups
- Publishing using FTP , Zip file, Visual Studio , local GIT
- Staged deployments using deployment slots
- Continuous integration with GIT and other source control systems
- Azure Storage concepts
- Understanding storage redundancy and replication
- Access keys , connection strings , shared access signatures , access policies
- Using the Storage Explorer
- Using the local Storage Emulator
- Using Storage Blobs to store binary data
- Using Storage Tables as a NoSQL data store
- Using Storage Queues to decouple workloads
- SQL Database
- Understanding DTUs and planning capacity
- Create logins and users
- Migrate existing data using the Data Migration Assistant
- Using Azure Data Studio
WHY IS THIS FOR ME?
You're a .NET Web developer and you've been tasked in building a new or deploying an existing Web app to Azure. You want to understand what Azure services to use and what tools can help you with your task. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to create, deploy and manage Web apps on Azure.
You're the team's architect and you've been tasked in moving existing and new appplications to Azure. You want to understand what Azure services to use when designing your Cloud architecture. At the end of this workshop, you'll have a good understanding of essentials Azure services.
The following setup is required on your laptop to attend this workshop:
- An active Azure subscription
- Windows 10 with the latest updates (running in a VM is OK)
- Visual Studio 2017 Community, Pro or Enterprise with the latest updates and the following Workloads installed:
- ASP.NET and Web development
- .NET desktop development
- Azure development
- Node.js development
- Visual Studio Code with the latest updates
- Azure CLI
- PowerShell with Azure PowerShell
- Azure Storage Explorer
- SQL Server Management Studio or
- Azure Data Studio
- Data Migration Assistant